Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gluten free life!

Have you seen or heard the term gluten free?

A few years ago, most people didn't know much about gluten.  But, It seems as if it is becoming a much more popular topic now.

You can't go to a store without seeing something gluten free.  This is great news for people who have been living with a gluten free lifestyle for some time now, or is it?

True, it use to be a much bigger struggle to find gluten free products.  With its recent popularity, the variety of items have increased.  This at first seemed wonderful!  But, then it just made life more difficult.
With everyone wanting to get on the band wagon of "gluten free"  things become blurred.  Now if you live in a gluten free world you can find "gluten free" products everywhere.  But, are they truly gluten free!?

If you live in a gluten free world,  you now have to worry about cross contamination, hidden forms of gluten, undisclosed ingredients due to "secret formulas",  and much much more!

How do we survive?  Networking with each other!
Let's all share some great gluten free advice, links, and products!

My gluten free advice:  Always read the labels and do some research!!!!!!!!!  Better to take the time to make sure it is truly gluten free then to get sick and suffer!    

My gluten free product:  No Gluten Natural Girl Product, lipsticks and lipliners!!!!!!

My gluten free link:  www.all-gluten-free.com

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to share some ideas, I can't wait to see what everyone says!
    I love NG's lipstick too!!!! Ok, my turn....

    My gluten free advice: There are some great recipes out there so learn to love to cook. Veggies and Fruits are natures gluten free products that are always safe. So, make it homemade with fresh ingredients and you will always know your food is gluten free.

    My gluten free product: Dessert Essence, Grapefruit hand soap (my kids love to wash their hand with this soap and as a side note...you can buy this at the link that is listed above www.all-gluten-free.com)

    My gluten free link: I like GiGi at www.glutenfreegigi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gluten free advice: Everyone's body reacts differently to gluten. What may be safe for some is not always safe for others. Learn what works for you and go with it.

    My gluten free product: seems like people are talking about non-food products but I would like to hear about some food products too. So, I will give one of each. non-food item- Tom's of Maine toothpaste
    food item- Udi's blueberry muffins

    My gluten free link: www.theceliacdiva.com

    Just wanted to say thanks for the above links. I have never heard of gigi and her page is great. Also, I love Tom's of Maine toothpaste and I just checked out all-gluten-free and they have my toothpaste at a cheaper cost then I have been paying. I can't wait to read more comments!

    ReplyDelete